You guys have been asking me what I eat…
Precaution: Age, body composition, activity level, heredity, among other factors contribute to what and how much you should eat!
…so here you have it!
What I eat on a typical day:
1. Whole wheat toast, egg white omelette with tomato, spinach, mushroom, and swiss cheese, orange juice, and a multivitamin first thing in the morning.
2. Oatmeal, banana, and water after training.
3. Chicken/Tuna salad or turkey sandwich, and iced tea for lunch.
4. Protein bar or Smoothie before I teach my evening classes at the gym.
5. Gatorade in between classes.
6. Fish/Chicken, brown rice/pasta, vegetables, and iced tea for dinner.
7. Dry Roasted Peanuts and a cup of water if I start to feel hungry again after dinner. *You shouldn’t eat close to bed time, but I stay up rather late working, and a snack after dinner is sometimes needed.
It’s important to pack your snacks for the day, (and lunch if you don’t have a cafeteria or healthy restaurant near your job), so that you don’t end up eating junk from vending machines! I bag my snacks a week in advance as you will see below.
Furthermore, I drink cups of water throughout the day, (not only with my meals), to stay hydrated and curb hunger.